MoHow Posted By Dr. MO Initiatives usually start the same way…..with a great deal energy, determination and enthusiasm. You feel confident that the project you’ve embarked upon will be accomplished, with certainty. And then it happens…
You do something, or don’t do something, that changes your initiative from simple and doable into a potential ‘failure’! You stop your physical fitness regime, or you forget about your weight management program…..and all because of one workout you didn’t do that lead to not going to the fitness club for a week, or eating an unhealthy meal and then continuing to eat poorly and add calories. Or, some other complications arise, you get frustrated, and quit.
Any time that you have experiences like these it’s vital for you to pause and remember that you actually have a choice. You can remain in the stopped position (or going in reverse) and most certainly not reach your goals; or you can regard the problems as temporary setbacks, understand that this is normal, and regain your momentum. To do this requires skills and strategies that you may not have…..
Here are 5 ways to get back on track, no matter what the initiative that you have stopped is:
1. Use your thinking skills to put the stoppage in proportion. Remind yourself of how good you felt just prior to the halt, how good you felt about yourself, and how important reaching your goal is. Use powerful positive self-talk to regain your balance.
2. If you are a member of www.maintainmomentum.com, read the MoThoughts and MoWords regularly to re-orient and re-motivate yourself.
3. Use your the MoPad journaling tool, that is a part of the membership to record your progress and achievements to give yourself feedback and reinforcement.
4. Listen to music that inspires you. If you don’t have a playlist, create one that you can access, whose purpose is to keep you going, or get you going again, in your initiatives.
5. Get a good night’s sleep and use the momentum generating tips of AmMo morning email to inspire you to get back in the saddle.
It’s important for you to remember that slipping and falling come with the territory called life. It’s normal for initiatives to not go perfectly smoothly. Take the steps outlined above to re-create your momentum and you will soon be moving forward and upward again in your initiatives….. and feel much better about yourself.
Tomorrow I will add five more ideas and strategies.
If you found this post useful consider subscribing to this blog, and if you want much more help and support, including the momentum mind thinking training course, a wide range of specific motivational tools and resources and a morning boost in the form of my morning email AmMo to help you get going every day, consider joining www.maintainmomentum.com.