MoHow Posted By Dr. MO Yesterday I wrote Part One of the post “How To Live Your life More Fully“. In the post I asked the following questions..
1. Do you ever have a feeling that you’re wandering through life, and not going where you want to go? 2. Do you ever have a feeling that you don’t know where you are or how you got there? 3. Are you in a job that you just do rather than a job you enjoy? 4. Are you doing things that you have to do rather than doing what you love to do? 5. Do you spend your time doing busy work rather than what you want to do with your days? 6. Do you wish you could spend more time with loved ones? 7. Are you overweight because you’ve been eating the food you’ve been eating for years and are you stuck in a rut of not exercising? 8. Do you find yourself living from paycheck to paycheck, or in debt, not knowing where your money goes, and under financial stress? 9. Do you find yourself wasting your time doing things that aren’t important rather than focusing on completing the things that are very important? 10. Do you go through your days not thinking about what you want out of life and how to get it?
If you answered ‘yes’ to many of them, Today, in Part Two, I have 6 suggestions to help you live more fully with purpose and greater awareness. It’s not something you can change and create overnight. It’s not something you do just once, it’s a habit that you can form for the rest of your life..
If living more purposefully and more fully is what you want, here are the suggestions to help you get going…
1. Make reflecting on your life a regular routine. Whether you keep a journal, or make reflecting on your day part of your evening routine, or have a weekly session where you review your life or take some time away from the office to reflect on everything, it’s important that you give things some thought. Regularly.
2. At least once a year, set or review your life’s goals. Answer these questions…What do you want to do in life? What is important to you? What do you want your life to be like? And how will you get there? Write your answers down, and keep keep them where you will see it often, and take action.
3. Review your relationships. The people we love are among the most important parts of our lives. You need to think about your relationships with your loved ones. Do you spend enough time with them? Do you show your appreciation for them? Is there a way you can improve your relationships? Do you need to forgive or apologize about anything? Are there barriers that can be removed? Can your communication be improved?
4. Consider your impact on the world. How does what you do and how you live, impact the environment? How does it impact your community? Your life has an impact, whether you think about it or not. Being conscious of how your decisions affect others is important.
5. Review how you spend your time and money. Until you do a time and spending audit, and keep a log of your days, you won’t really know how you spend your time and money. And when you do the audit, you can make conscious decisions to change how you spend time and money in the future.
6. Explore yourself. Take some time to think about what kind of person you are. What your values are. Whether you live your life according to those values. How you treat people. How you treat yourself. Think about this: what do you want people to say about you when you die?
If you found this post useful consider subscribing to this blog, and if you want more help and support, including the MOmentum Mind thinking training course, personalized training and coaching, and a wide range of specific motivational tools, resources, and a morning boost in the form of my morning email AmMo to help you get going every day, consider joining www.maintainmomentum.com.