MoHow Posted By Dr. MO As much as possible, I regularly clear the debris that accumulates on the windshield in front of me; I do this to see where I’m going, and so that I can make make accurate, conscious choices instead of distorted, automatic ones.
Do you ever have a feeling that you’re wandering through life, and not going where you want to go? Or that you don’t know where you are or how you got there?
Living your life more fully and with more purpose is about taking control of your life, about thinking more clearly about your decisions rather than making them automatically, and about having a life that you want rather than settling for the one where you are an actor in a story not written by you.
If you’re drifting, feel out of control, or don’t know where you want to go, deciding to live with conscious purpose is how to live your life more fully.
Are you living fully now?
To find out, ask yourself the following 8 questions………
1. Are you in a job that just do rather than a job you enjoy?
2. Are you doing things that you have to do rather than doing what you love to do?
3. Do you spend your time doing busy work rather than what you want to do with your days?
4. Do you wish you could spend more time with loved ones?
5. Are you overweight because you’ve been eating the food you’ve been eating for years and are you stuck in a rut of not exercising?
6. Do you find yourself living from paycheck to paycheck, or in debt, not knowing where your money goes, and under financial stress?
7. Do you find yourself wasting your time doing things that aren’t important rather than focusing on completing the things that are very important?
8. Do you go through your days not thinking about what you want out of life and how to get it?
If you answered “no” to all of these questions, you’re probably already living purposefully and fully, and you don’t need to continue to read. If you answered ‘yes’ to many of them, you might want to continue to read.
How to Live Your Life More Fully
Living with purpose and greater awareness is a lifestyle, is a skill. It’s not something you can change and create overnight. It’s not something you do just once, it’s a habit that you can form for the rest of your life.
It’s rather simple to describe: Be conscious, and think about everything you do. Make conscious choices rather than doing things automatically. That’s all.
It sounds simple, but it’s amazing how few people actually do this, and it’s amazing how easy it is to live life on autopilot, and just do what we always do because that’s what we’re used to doing. It’s not easy to changes our lives, to break out of our routines, to begin to live the lives we want. It takes willful effort, energy and constant vigilance to think about our choices … all of them.
If you want to begin the process of becoming a more purpose-filled person, tune in tomorrow for part two of this blog where I will offer suggestions to help you live more fully.
If you found this post useful consider subscribing to this blog, and if you want more help and support, including the MOmentum Mind thinking training course, personalized training and coaching, and a wide range of specific motivational tools and resources and a morning boost in the form of my morning email AmMo to help you get going every day, consider joining www.maintainmomentum.com.