MoHow Posted By Joel Simms Over the past few years a Life Instructions List, attributed to the Dalai Lama, has been read by many people on the Internet. This list actually originates from Life’s Little Instruction Book by H. Jackson Brown Jr.
The list is powerful,filled with great wisdom and has been shared widely. If you have not seen it before, I highly recommend it.
Here it is for you…
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s:
– Respect for self,
– Respect for others and
– Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and
think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
20. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
What do you think of this list?
If you found this post useful consider subscribing to this blog, and if you want more help and support, including the MOmentum Mind thinking training course, personalized training and coaching, and a wide range of specific motivational tools, resources, and a morning boost in the form of my morning email AmMo to help you get going every day, consider joining www.maintainmomentum.com.